Technical Business Analyst
We are a Software-as-a-Service scale-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like Pretty Little Thing, MADE.com, Radley and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the roleYou will work closely with our clients and internal team members at Poq to gather business and technical requirements and translate them into technical specifications and deliverables. You will be comfortable working across an array of different software solutions (e.g. the Poq Platform solutions as well as customer or third party systems and vendors) and make recommendations to our developers and clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Solutions Architect and gathering technical and business requirements and translating them into detailed, accurate and unambiguous solutions that would fit with the Poq platform.
- Reviewing technical documentation (API/SDKs) and designs, and agreeing/documenting implementation specifics with the project implementation team.
- Investigating existing IT systems from clients and partners and formulating options for how to approach integrations.
- Bridging across project managers, developers, designers and clients to deliver features on time and to an impeccably high standard.
- Translating solutions and requirements into written specifications, documentation, diagrams and user stories.
- Story-tracking via documentation tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello etc.
- Attendance at client meetings within the UK and internationally (up to 10% of the time)
What we're looking for
- 2+ years experience in a Business Analyst role, within ecommerce, retail or software development.
- Technical understanding of software development and integrations (hands-on experience is a plus, but not required on the job)
- Demonstrable client-facing experience with the ability to manage several stakeholders and successfully prioritise/multi-task.
- Experience in scoping and documenting technical integrations for existing or newly acquired clients.
- End-to-end experience in an agile environment as a Business Analyst.
- Project experience across UX and IT/backend integrations.
- Excellent communication, leadership qualities, self-starter attitude, fast learner and strong attention to detail.
- Experience reviewing and understanding data feeds, APIs, web services, SDKs, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience in supporting the pre-sales process (i.e. technical estimations and scoping).
- Experience writing Statements of Work and producing technical estimates.
- Knowledge around iOS, Android native development or Microsoft Azure or other Cloud Computing services.
- Experience working with SaaS platforms in the ecommerce industry.
- Competitive salary
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.