Business Development Executive
We are a Software-as-a-Service scale-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
What you'll be doing
- You will become an app commerce expert
- Prospecting and generating leads with exciting retail brands
- Qualifying opportunities and handling objections
- Responding to and qualify inbound leads
- Produce substantial outbound activity via phone, email and LinkedIn
- Set up new meetings for the Sales Directors
- Consistently achieve and exceed targets
- Attending industry events to promote Poq’s app commerce platform
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our lead generation process
What we’re looking for
- At least 1 year in a target-driven sales environment
- Experience prospecting C-level stakeholders via phone, email, LinkedIn
- Evidence of over-achieving sales targets
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for mobile technology and Poq’s mission; to make app commerce bigger than ecommerce
- Competitive salary
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office
- Cake Wednesdays
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.