Sales Development Representative
We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of brands and retailers like Belk, Tobi and PrettyLittleThing. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many brands and partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including augmented reality, Instagram-style shoppable stories and tailored push notifications. The Poq platform drives millions of dollars of revenue for our customers every month and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Having raised over $20m from leading VC’s, and being the Forrester recognised market leader in Europe for App Commerce, Poq is expanding into North America. This is an exciting opportunity to get in early in our expansion, make a real impact to the business and grow with us.
About the role
Poq is looking for a Senior Sales Development Representative where you’ll be based in our Manhattan office and reporting directly to the Co-founder & President. You will help drive our sales initiatives in North America, finding new partnerships with enterprise retailers and brands, working in partnership with a Sales Director. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a fast growing, venture-backed, scaleup in the rapidly developing App Commerce space.
You will be responsible for pitching to C-level executives across the retail sector and building our pipeline, working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for someone who is self-driven and enthusiastic to help us change the future of shopping.
We offer a strong compensation package along with great benefits. You’ll be coached and mentored along the way and be able to develop your career with us. We’re a close-knit, diverse team of over 100 talented individuals across the globe - and culture is at the forefront of our business.
What you'll be doing
- You will become an app commerce expert
- Prospecting and generating leads with exciting retail brands
- Qualifying opportunities and handling objections
- Responding to and qualifying inbound leads
- Hit outbound activity targets
- Setting up new meetings for the Sales Directors
- Consistently achieving and exceeding targets
- Attending industry events to promote Poq’s app commerce platform
What we’re looking for
- At least 1 year in a target-driven sales environment
- Experience prospecting senior stakeholders via phone, email, LinkedIn
- Comfortable at events representing the company
- Evidence of over-achieving sales targets
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for mobile technology and Poq’s mission; to make app commerce bigger than ecommerce
- Competitive salary and uncapped commission scheme
- Training Budget of $1,000 per person, per year
- 25 days paid vacation leave
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary caregiving for biological and adopted children
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance premiums
- Flexible working hours
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
For further information or to apply, please email [email protected]
Please introduce yourself and attach a copy of your resume with any supporting links/info.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.