We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Reporting directly to the CTO, the Client Support Manager will support all live apps and lead the support team to continued success. You will be a key part of the team that launches and maintains our excellent native apps while also taking ownership of our support team, maintaining excellent relationships and prompt communication with our clients and ideally have an understanding of service management tools like Zendesk. Within this role, you will also work closely with our in-house development team helping prioritise issues, assist testers with tracking bugs and supporting the team with ticket escalations.
This role will be a 50/50 split of hands-on support work and management, working collaboratively together to ensure your function and team are properly supported and guided. This position is an integral part of Poq’s long-term relationship with its clients, and the efforts put forth by you will directly impact the long-term success of our relationships. In order to succeed, you must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the support function and working with the CTO to create a support strategy that identifies gaps, optimises processes and drives measurable improvement across support functions.
- Managing the support team and ensuring they are operating efficiently and are providing exceptional support services to our clients.
- Setting, agreeing, monitoring and reviewing Service Levels (SLAs) with internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Overseeing the support queue for internal IT requests and processes.
- Driving IT and Security projects and certifications.
- Acting as an escalation point for tickets and other IT issues that require Manager review and approval.
- Reporting on support performance, team and system updates and anything else which may be required.
- Seeking quantitative and qualitative feedback from all support stakeholders and incorporating that into a Continuous Improvement plan.
- Ability to fix/find bugs and work with engineers to articulate problem scenarios for recurring issues.
- Draft and publish support processes and policies to internal and external audiences.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Using your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of IT environments to solve complex issues and promote best practices.
- Collaborating with other departments in the business.
- Promote and monitor quality and healthy apps by monitoring performance and raising attention to important issues
- Representing Support in cross functional meetings to ensure alignment with commercial and project functions
What we're looking for
- Line management experience managing at least 2 reports
- 4+ years’ experience in a client-facing support role within a software/tech environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to successfully manage customer expectations
- Experience supporting SaaS platforms
- Awareness and application of ITIL Service Management best practises
- You will be naturally curious and enjoy problem-solving
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Microsoft Excel including knowledge of CSV and XML
- Experience with standard tools like Zendesk and Google Analytics
- Startup experience is a plus
- Experience using development tools and platforms e.g. X-code, Visual Studio, Azure, Charles Proxy, Postman, TestRail, Crashlytics
- Competitive salary.
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.