Brand & Digital Designer
We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Brand and Digital designer will be an integral member of the marketing team, helping to build a suite of materials and working across the business to set out the brand and design strategy. You will work on a range of offline and online projects, including reports, eBooks and whitepapers, digital and print advertisements, sales and marketing collateral, image sourcing and illustration, and additional ad hoc projects.
The Poq website will be a key aspect of this, a proficiency in front-end development and coding (HTML/CSS) is a required. This is a diverse brand and design role and a fantastic opportunity to join a business leading the way in app commerce.
What you'll be doing
- Owning the visual identity of Poq
- Evolving the Poq brand to reflect the company proposition
- Leading the direction of the new Poq website
- Converting ideas from the business into viable concepts and designs
- Designing a variety of digital and print marketing materials
- Developing, designing and building web pages for the company website
- Sourcing and creating images for a range of purposes
- Liaising with senior stakeholders - with an ability to interpret direction and sell your ideas
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print
- Video content creation and edit
- Liaising with external agencies and printers when necessary
What we’re looking for
- A strong design portfolio showing your online and offline experience
- Experience in developing a brand strategy and/or rebrand within the B2B tech SaaS space, either in-house or agency
- 2+ years experience in commercial design, either in-house or agency
- Previous experience with design and image processing software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
- An understanding of the design process and theory including typography, composition, colour and layout
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A good understanding of artwork, print, production and finishing processes
- Graphic design qualification
- Experience with front end development to be able to release visual designs (HTML/CSS)
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in brief development and translation to concept
- An interest in technology in general
- A specific understanding of apps, software as a service, customer experience or the retail sector
- Competitive salary
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office
- Cake Wednesdays
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.