We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the roleYou will have a good technical understanding and a bit of hustle in you, to ensure apps launch in a quick and efficient way. You will be leading on launch projects, working with clients and the development team, as well preparing the app for launch. Launching new clients will be the main focus of this role but there will also be opportunities to work with clients post-launch on platform quarterly releases, new features and projects to integrate clients with third-party integrations.
What you'll be doing
- Project Management:
- Sprint planning & Agile ceremonies i.e. Stand-ups, backlog refinement, retrospectives,
- Hosting workshops for project kickoff, technical and design scoping
- Working with clients and colleagues on their deliverables
- Ensuring projects keep on track within time and budget constraints
- Project reporting on progress, resources and cost
- Manage issues and risks effectively and be prepared to creatively propose solutions to challenges
- App preparations:
- Distribute Beta Builds for testing
- Create client CMS and analytic accounts
- Create app content in CMS
- Prepare content for the app store
- Client readiness
- Run training sessions on Poq’s CMS
- Liaise with relevant colleagues and clients on launch and app store optimisation
- Handover to Support for BAU after launch
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years of experience in a client facing Project Management/Implementation role
- Understanding of, and interest in mobile technology and the ecommerce sector
- Meticulous attention to detail, great communication and organisation skills
- Experience in working with in-house Developers and 1/3 party suppliers
- An understanding of agile methodology
- Experience using software and content management tools
- MS Project, Jira, or similar Project Management software
- Quality assurance/testing experience
- Practitioner qualification in Agile Project Management
- Managed app content and releases via AppStore connect and Google Play
- Understanding of API integrations and software build
- Competitive salary.
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year.
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children.
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Selection of breakfast options provided.
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday.
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.