Senior iOS Developer
About Poq, the app commerce company
We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, boohoo and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior iOS developer who has experience in Objective C and/or Swift, working with clients and delivering amazing looking, ground breaking apps. This is an integral role within our development team that drives forward our organisation and delivers amazing native apps for top retailers. It involves building world-class app designs and user experience, as well as developing innovative technology to improve our platform and native app offering.
You will work with our in-house designers, clients and our existing development team to translate their vision into a pioneering app using iOS best practice. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about being a pioneer in app best practice and innovative solutions and has an eye for design. You must also like working with clients and colleagues to deliver cutting-edge app solutions and help solve any issues that arise.
Want to join Poq but don't have any experience coding in Swift? Don't worry, for talented Objective-C developers, your first two weeks will be spent completing an online Swift course, you will do this from our Shoreditch office so you will have the support of our team and can start getting to know our systems.
What you’ll be doing
You'll add new functionality and improvements to the app platform, and then hook these up to the cloud via the Developer Centre and CMS. You'll collaborate with clients and designers to deliver amazing apps for top retailers and you'll work on a platform written in pure Swift.
The ideal candidate for this role has an eye for design and is passionate about building apps that act fast, don't crash and look beautiful.
What we’re looking for
- Development language: Swift, Objective C
- At least three years iOS Development experience
- Proficiency in Auto Layout
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Has published at least one native app in the App Store
- GitHub source control and Continuous Integration
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Science/STEM degree or equivalent in work experience
- Experience in memory optimisation, animations
- Experience in architecting, designing and developing complex apps
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Interaction design / User experience (UX)
- Competitive Salary
- Swift Training
- Bike to work scheme.
- Free organic fruit, snacks, tea and coffee throughout the week.
- If you work late, we buy your dinner and have it ordered to the office.
- Team drinks every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done BBQs, whitewater rafting, a circus workshop, and more).
- Pool table.
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram.
You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please apply via the apply button, attaching your CV and any supporting links/information. Alternatively you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org