Senior .NET Developer
We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, boohoo and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day. Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Apps are replacing the mobile web. As the next generation of shoppers go online, they increasingly go mobile, and they favour apps. Nielsen and Flurry both report that 90% of time spent on mobile is spent in apps. Apps are taking over, and it’s happening faster than people thought.
The problem today is that apps need a completely different back-end compared to the web. Instead of rendering the HTML on the server and pushing it to a browser, the new generation of REST APIs provide clean and tidy JSON data that's easy to use in apps.
And this is when you come in. The apps are a shiny front-end, but all the cool stuff actually happens in our APIs in the cloud. Because our platform plugs retailers into an ecosystem of technology providers in the cloud, we need to connect our APIs to all the cutting-edge technology out there. We're already connected to lots of providers such as Magento, Shopify, Stripe. But there's a whole world of technology out there and we want to make all of it available to the retailers on our platform, leading to our need to expand our team with a Senior .NET Developer. Not only will you be a brilliant developer, you will be comfortable mentoring and leading others with your experience and expertise.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a Senior/Lead Developer role
- 5+ years experience with C#, .NET
- Strong knowledge of working with Rest APIs using Asp.Net Web API
- Love of writing clean, maintainable, easy-to-test code.
- Agile experience
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
- Mobile development experience
- Experience using Test Driven Development
- Experience developing e-commerce solutions
- Knowledge of working in open source communities
- Experience with distributed systems and micro-services architecture
- Competitive salary, share options.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Organic fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- Selection of breakfast options provided every day.
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office.
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done BBQs, whitewater rafting, a circus workshop, and more).
- Pool table, table tennis, chill out area.
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.