Senior Test Automation and Release Engineer
We are a Software-as-a-Service scale-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like Pretty Little Thing, Radley, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the role
As Senior Test Automation and Release Engineer, you will perform a crucial role in building and releasing an amazing product for our growing list of global customers. Your natural inclination to automate every aspect of the test and release process will be well-rewarded at Poq as our platform continues to scale. You will have end-to-end involvement in our agile product development process to ensure that quality is at the heart of what we do and will be joining a vibrant and talented team of product, software and app experts. The role is an ideal fit for someone who is passionate about mobile technology, product design, user experience and platform engineering.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying and testing acceptance criteria for front and back-end components as part of the planning process
- Creating and maintaining test automation scripts
- Advising Development teams on TDD best practices and writing testable code
- Driving greater integration test automation and coverage through coaching and mentoring of back-end Dev teams
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to automate testing processes at all levels
- Creating, running and maintaining load tests
- Participating in and improving the Release Management process
- Manual and exploratory testing of new features, designs and releases
- Writing and executing test scripts and test instructions
- Filing bugs and communicating with the team about any issues that arise
- Advising on testing improvements and assisting with the roll out of test automation
- Interacting with users to prioritising inbound bug reports and reproducing reported issues
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years QA experience
- 3+ years Test Automation experience (mobile app testing would be extremely desirable but is not a prerequisite)
- Use of API testing tools such as Postman and Charles
- Exposure to using load testing tools such as JMeter
- Device agnostic e.g. appreciation of the differences between iOS and Android
- Exposure to writing automated tests to mobile products
- Experience of working with an automation framework
- Commitment to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Self-motivated; being able to work independently to identify opportunities for improvement
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Competitive salary
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.