Senior Android Engineer
We are a Software-as-a-Service scale-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like Pretty Little Thing, Radley and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the role
You will be working with the Professional Services team to deliver Apps for new clients by customising our Platform, creating bespoke solutions and connecting to 3rd party APIs. You will also be required to collaborate with clients and designers to deliver apps with easy to read code.
What you'll be doing
- Customising our platform to create client apps
- Designing and implementing complex features in a clear, maintainable and testable way
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Working with outside data sources and APIs
- Testing code for robustness, including usability, and general reliability
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance and design
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency
What we’re looking for
- Experience writing clean, maintainable, easy-to-test code using Kotlin or Java
- Proficient in Android Studio, Android SDK and commonly used libraries
- Experience with MVVM, MVP or similar
- Experience with RxJava, Retrofit and Dagger
- Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD) experience
- Familiar with GitHub source control and Continuous Integration
- At least one app published in the Google Play Store
- Experience in working closely with designers, and having an eye for design
- Experience in collaborating with clients or product owners using an agile process
- Competitive salary
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.