Senior People Manager - Maternity Cover
We are a Software-as-a-Service scale-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the role
The role of our Senior People Manager is to support our business by focusing on successful strategies to recruit, develop, retain and reward the Company’s key asset – its people. This Senior People Manager role will be a contract/maternity cover. You will be a naturally engaging and hands-on leader with fantastic listening skills, seeking to understand both the business and its people. You will be able to quickly and effectively build trusted relationships with all stakeholders to spur Poq on to greater success.
What you'll be doing
- Building trusted relationships with all stakeholders across the business
- Using your HR experience, skills and knowledge to make an impact in key business areas such as people development and change management
- Managing employee engagement and retention by helping provide Poq employees with a great place to work and good internal communications
- Owning the culture of the company and helping to define and promote our values, which can be used to drive behaviours
- Ensuring Poq employees are immersed into a culture which encourages accountability and enables optimal work performance and career progression
- Providing general support to the leadership team and managers, especially with coaching and management skills and advice on remuneration issues, including benefits and salary benchmarking
- Leading and developing the People team of 2
- Overseeing the recruitment function to attract talented individuals who are passionate about our brand, culture & company
- Ensuring appropriate management of grievances and disciplinary issues as and when they arise
- Managing and maintaining HR & legal compliance; functioning as a subject matter expert on these issues
- Reporting monthly performance to the Leadership team of hiring vs plan, employee engagement and retention and other initiatives undertaken
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years HR experience in Senior People Role and managing a team
- Proven experience within a B2B SaaS technology scale up environment
- Ability to manage strategic HR and recruitment best practice, policy and procedures with KPIs and metrics
- Ability to quickly and effectively build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence whilst working at multiple levels
- Experience in advising and influencing leadership teams, preferably in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Experience of working with remote workers, ensuring a consistent culture is maintained appropriately across all locations
- A solid understanding and ability to implement UK law, regulations and best practices as appropriate
- High emotional intelligence with strong problem-resolution skills
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- A can-do attitude, where you are seen as a true advisor to all levels
- Excellent standard of spoken and written communication
- University degree, and CIPD or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office
- Cake Wednesdays
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.