We are a Software-as-a-Service start-up that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
We pride ourselves in our culture. We are a diverse bunch of passionate individuals who genuinely care about each other and what we do here. We face challenges together and celebrate together. Every voice counts and we go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is heard. An open, collaborative environment where ideas stand on their own merit is what we strive to achieve.
About the role
We are building a native iOS SDK that enables us to provide retail mobile applications, or appCommerce as we love to call it, as a service. For a mobile developer this involves developing new features that are highly extensible and customisable, packaging these new features into frameworks that other developers can build upon, refactoring existing code to make it more modular and flexible, researching and prototyping to evaluate ideas and technologies, and of course the bread and butter of any developer - squashing them bugs.
All 100% Swift work.
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in Swift.
- Good grasp of the basic iOS SDK concepts/components such as - GCD, Autolayout, UIKit.
- You know your git flow.
- Design principles: SOLID, Composition vs Inheritance, FIRST tests.
- You know what architecture is and what the popular patterns in iOS are and why they are popular.
- Less code is good, but structure comes first. We write one task per method, one responsibility per class. And we expect you to do so too.
- A lifelong learner willing to explore and share new ideas.
- Conversational English. Excellence is not required, but we do need to understand each other.
- A passionate professional.
Aiming for a senior position?
A developer is a mix of technical capabilities, interpersonal skills and leadership skills in varying degrees. If you are a senior, you should know enough to score high on any of those dimensions. You can demonstrate that ability by being articulate on a technical conversation or telling us how you’ve dealt with a difficult situation at work.
- Competitive salary.
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year.
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children.
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Selection of breakfast options provided.
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday.
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.